Whilst we have no current vacancies, we are always keen to meet potential future members of the Poppy’s team. Do apply for the internship below if this might be you. Here are a few example job descriptions giving you a sense of the kind of roles that come up:
Poppy’s Internship: Apply now!
Poppy’s Funerals is an award-winning young company with big ambitions. Would you like to join us?
What’s this all about?
We run a rolling 2 day internship programme because we know that you, our future recruits, never imagined you’d end up working for a funeral company. You’re probably searching for more meaningful work, but you haven’t thought to look here yet. So we figure we need to give great people like you the opportunity to fall in love with this work the way we have. It’s an opportunity for you to get to know us and for us to get to know you.
Might it eventually turn into a full time job?
Yes. We are always on the lookout for great people to join our team. The ultimate purpose of the internship is to find our team members of the future.
What would you get out of it?
- If you’re the right person, an opportunity to join our team full time in the near or long term future
- Hands on work experience with an award-winning start-up
- Involvement in all aspects of a small, ambitious, fast-growing company
- A chance to see if this important work is right for you
- Development of skills relevant to many other professions
What would an average day be like?
We’re a small team so you’d be getting involved with everything we do, from meetings with families to caring for the dead to carrying coffins. There is no monotonous routine with interns chained to the photocopier. Every day is exciting and different as we’re responding to real time events.
What are we looking for?
You don’t need any death/dying/funeral-related experience at all. In fact, no one in the team had seen a dead person before they started at Poppy’s! But you must be:
- enthusiastic and evangelical about the values underpinning our work
- an excellent and organised all-rounder, and a confident, friendly communicator
- a serious team player and up for an almighty challenge
- looking for full time work
- active and physically fit: able to lift and carry, and as your work progresses, to help care for the dead, line a coffin, and do anything that needs doing
- able and willing to drive within Greater London and further afield, and in possession of a full, clean driving licence
- strong on attention to detail, calm, kind and practical
The programme is 2 full days, from 8.30am-5pm. We recognise you may already be in full time employment in which case planning a meaningful exit strategy is not easy – we understand, we’ve all been in your position. If you are serious about making a schedule work, so are we.
Don’t miss the boat. The sooner you get in touch, the sooner you can start. To let us know why you think you’d be right for Poppy’s, send a CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org